Rear crankshaft upgrade kit, the 'Achilles heel' of Perkins 4.108 design is the crankshaft rear rope seal which is notorious for leaking oil prematurely and especially in marine installations where the engine is tilted backwards.
We have developed an upgraded seal, which is manufactured from an advanced braided PTFE material, specifically designed for high temperature rotary sealing. This is offers considerable long term improvements on the original rope seal.
Our upgrade kit includes everything you will need to stop that oil leak.
- A pair of graphite impregnated PTFE braided seals
- Flywheel bolt locking tab
- A craft knife to accurately cut the seals.
- A quality rear seal housing gasket.
- A tube of gasket sealant.
- Our own data sheet on how to fit the rope seal.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Repeat customer. Purchased this upgrade along with a number of other parts for a complete engine rebuild. Ordered products on a Monday, they were picked and shipped on Tuesday and I received in Canada on Thursday morning. Very impressed with the speed of service, the prices, and quality of components.
Seemed to have everything needed to replace the seal