A very comprehensive overhaul / rebuild kit for Perkins 4.236, 4.236M or M90 which includes the major components that you will need to rebuild your tired and smoking engine.
This overhaul kit includes the following parts:
- Cylinder liners x 4 - (slip fit and honed finish) or plain unfinished.
- Pistons x 4
- Gudgeon (wrist) pins x 4
- Gudgeon pin circlips x 8
- Piston ring sets x 4
- Small end bushes x 4
- Camshaft bush x 1
- Con rod bearing set (4 pairs)
- Main bearing set (5 pairs)
- Thrust washer set
- Core plugs x 16
- Conrod bolts and nuts x 8
- Top gasket set - includes valve seals and injector copper washers
- Cylinder head gasket - top quality and lined with silicon water jacket sealant
- Lucas assembly lube
- Bottom gasket set - very comprehensive set including gaskets for both types of sump pan options
- Front and rear oil seals - early or later option of rope and lip seal (Check our options above)
These kits are put together by ourselves from our detailed knowledge of these engines. They are exceptionally well engineered and represent excellent value.
Please note that these overhaul kits are designed for all normally aspirated (non-turbo) and turbo versions of the 4.236, 4.236M and M90 engines. Different liners and pistons will be supplied, dependent upon whether yours is an early or later version, so please enter your full engine number before ordering so that we can ensure that you are supplied with the correct parts.
Cylinder Liner information. We offer 3 types of liner for this engine. Before choosing a liner you must remove your existing liner form the cylinder block as identification is difficult while installed. Replace 'like for like' See photos for help in identifying your liner type.
- 1. A plain unfinished parallel side press fit liner - this liner will need to be bored and honed once fitted. External diameter 103.2mm (4.062") You cannot replace this type liner with a flanged, finished liner.
- 2. Flanged, pre-finished liner with a 103.2mm (4.062") external diameter
- 3. Flanged, pre-finished liner with a 104.2mm (4.102") external diameter
To help you choose main bearing and connecting rod bearing sizes, please note the following information
- Main bearing journals (standard) 2.9984/2.9992"
- Crankpin journal diameter (standard) 2.4988/2.4996"
Upgraded rocker cover gasket (option) has been specially manufactured for us from 100% nitrile rubber. This upgrade provides a long lasting gasket that is less likely to deform and has the added benefit of being oil and fuel resistant. It is also re-useable which means that you do not need to replace it when adjusting valve clearances.
Please note we are unable to supply a kit for the Gas version of this engine with a build code beginning LE for the shown price.
UK mainland delivery is by 24hr courier. European and Worldwide shipping is also available.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Very good quality and super service, will recommend and use again. Thanks