A very comprehensive kit which includes the major components that you will need to overhaul your tired and smoking Perkins 4.248 engine.
This overhaul kit includes the following parts:
- Cylinder liners x 4 - (slip fit and honed finish)
- Pistons x 4
- Gudgeon pins x 4
- Gudgeon pin circlips x 8
- Piston ring sets x 4
- Small end bushes x 4
- Camshaft bush x 1
- Con rod bearing set (4 pairs)
- Main bearing set (5 pairs)
- Thrust washer set
- Conrod bolts and nuts x 8
- Top gasket set - includes valve seals and injector copper washers
- Cylinder head gasket - top quality and lined with silicon water jacket sealant
- Lucas assembly lube
- Bottom gasket set - very comprehensive set including gaskets for both types of sump pan options
- Front and rear oil seals - early and later options of rope and lip seal are included
These kits are put together by ourselves from our detailed knowledge of these engines. They are exceptionally well engineered and represent excellent value.
Please note that these overhaul kits are designed for all normally aspirated (non-turbo) 4.248 engines. Different liners and pistons will be supplied, dependant upon whether yours is an early or later version, so please contact us with your full engine number before ordering so that we can ensure that you are supplied with the correct parts. Quotes for turbo charged versions available on request.
Our upgraded rocker cover gasket has been specially manufactured for us from 100% nitrile rubber. This upgrade provides a long lasting gasket that is less likely to deform and has the added benefit of being oil and fuel resistant. It is also reuseable which means that you do not need to replace it when adjusting valve clearances.
Price up this kit from your Perkins dealer at well over £600 ! With one of our kits you can be sure that you are fitting the highest quality parts at significant savings over the alternatives.
UK mainland delivery is by 24hr courier. European and Worldwide shipping is also available.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
All parts turned up within a few days of order really helpful and knowledgeable staff. My job would be much harder without you guys. Thank you