A quality universal water resistant tachometer and hour meter, ideal for use in the marine environment and manufactured exclusively for Parts4engines Ltd. This tachometer can be configured to work in conjunction with alternators, magnetic pickup sensors, or ignition systems.
- Water resistant with sealed plastic body, glass lens and chrome plated nickel bezel.
- 12/24v digital intrnal processor
- 0-4,000rpm range
- LCD hour meter with 1/10 hour increments
- LED backlight
- Easy fit plastic bezel with rubber seal, allowing fitment to dashboard cut-outs from 1mm to 16mm thickness
- Tinned connention cables for longevity in the marine environment
- Body diameter (for hole cut-out) 85mm with a 90mm bezel diameter. 65mm minimum depth required behind the bezel.
- Full wiring and programming instructions included; requires battery positive (+), battery negative (-), signal connection (from alternator) and backlight positive (+).
Click to see the wiring instructions
We have personal experience of fitting this tachometer as an alternative to an OE unit (see photo above).
UK delivery is by courier or 1st class post. European and Worldwide delivery is also available.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I bought this as a replacement for my Volvo TMD-31B (circa 1992) diesel. I did the calculations, and tweaked the numbers a bit. I started the engine about 25 times just to test it at various speeds, and it worked right out of the box. I actually tried an ELING tach from Amazon first, but that was a bust. It didn't work at all. The staff were great, and even accommodated my request to send the package to Turkey by Post.
I had a few issues on my end and Jeremy was extremely helpful with suggestions to sort out.
I bought this unit to replace the existing one on my boat, the hole in the dash from the original one was slightly larger by a few MM so I put a backing ring on the underside just to take up the slack, the engine it’s working from is a Volvo Penta 22P marine unit and I set the numbers to 800 and it works perfectly, it’s a perfect replacement for the Volvo unit and I didn’t have to sell my house to pay for it, as with the Volvo replacement.
I would highly recommend this unit and this company generally, I have dealt with them before and they saved me a lot of money.
Replaced it on a 1991 instrument panel of a volvo penta 2002b. Wiring straight forward.
The only confusing part is what to do with the old G wire. We just left it disconnected and it worked. Programming is simple too. The tricky part is getting the initial measures as accurate as possible as a few mm of will result in big deviations.
After the programming look right at stationary rpm, we took it out on a test sail and max rev the enigine. It should maxed out at 3200 rpm. The tacho read 3100 rpm. A quick division will then give you the correction.
Excellent performance and fully compatible with VOLVO PENTA 2003T (1992(