Excellent quality impeller kits and pump service kits for the original engine driven raw water pump for Volvo Penta MD2010 engine. Our impellers are manufactured from the correct grade of high quality neoprene rubber and are molded on to a machined brass coupling with a stainless steel drive pin.
Please note that there were two different raw water pumps used on these engines, with the MD2010 and early MD2010B versions having a 'Jabsco' pump fitted and the later MD2010B, MD2010C and MD2010D versions having a 'Johnson' pump. An easy check of which type of pump you have is to look at the design of the pump end cover; the earlier Jabsco pumps have a round cover, whilst the later Johnson pumps have a non symmetrical cover and a flat on one side. See the photos above which show the differing gasket designs.
- The 'early impeller kit' fits Volvo Penta MD2010A & initial MD2010B versions up to serial no. 5101203007, and includes the impeller, a tube of glycerine lubricant, an end-plate gasket and full fitting instructions.
- The 'early Service Kit' includes the above parts, along with six brass end plate screws and a nitrile rubber shaft seal (with stainless spring) which locates in the pump body behind the impeller. A leaking pump is usually due to failure of this seal.
- The 'early rebuild kit' includes all the parts in 'Early Service Kit' and in addition two drive shaft bearings, a drive shaft oil seal with (with stainless spring), a cover plate and copper washer.
- Our 'late impeller kit' fits Volvo Penta later MD2010B from serial no. 5101203008, MD2010C and MD2010D versions. It includes the impeller, a tube of glycerine lubricant, an end-plate gasket and full fitting instructions.
- The optional 'late service Kit' for the 'Johnson' pump includes the 'Late impeller kit', along with an O-ring, screws set and nitrile rubber shaft seal (with stainless spring) which locates in the pump body behind the impeller. A leaking pump is usually due to failure of this seal.
- The Raw water pump 'late rebuild Kit' includes the 'Late service kit' plus an additional nitrile rubber shaft seal (with stainless spring), end cover and two drive shaft bearings.
Anyone operating in the marine environment will know the importance of a keeping a spare impeller in the boat toolbox!
UK delivery is by 1st class Royal Mail. European and Worldwide delivery is available
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
It is very good and everything fits nice. Only ting is at in the kit should be 2 gumi rings, beceoise it is to in rhe pump, so when you are changing, should change it all
An inexpensive way to overcome my leaking raw water pump.