Excellent quality impeller kits and pump service kits for the original engine driven raw water pump for Volvo Penta MD2030 engine. Our impellers are manufactured from the correct grade of high quality neoprene rubber and are molded on to a machined brass coupling with a stainless steel drive pin.
Please note that there were two different raw water pumps used on these engines, with the MD2030 and early MD2030B versions having a 'Jabsco' pump fitted, and the later MD2030B, MD2030C and MD2030D versions having a 'Johnson' pump. An easy check of which type of pump you have is to look at the design of the pump end cover; the earlier Jabsco pumps have a round cover, whilst the later Johnson pumps have a non symmetrical cover and a flat on one side. See the photos above which show the differing gasket designs.
- The 'early impeller kit' includes the impeller, a tube of glycerine lubricant, an end-plate gasket and full fitting instructions.
- The 'early Service Kit' includes the above parts, along with six brass end plate screws and a nitrile rubber shaft seal (with stainless spring) which locates in the pump body behind the impeller. A leaking pump is usually due to failure of this seal.
- The 'early rebuild kit' includes all the parts in 'Early Service Kit' and in addition two drive shaft bearings and a drive shaft oil seal with (with stainless spring)
- Our 'late impeller kit' fits all Volvo Penta MD2030 engines with 12 mm diameter shaft. It includes the impeller, a tube of glycerine lubricant, an end-plate gasket and full fitting instructions.
- The 'late service Kit' includes the Late impeller kit, along with an O-ring, screws set and nitrile rubber shaft seal (with stainless spring) which locates in the pump body behind the impeller. A leaking pump is usually due to failure of this seal.
- The Raw water pump 'late rebuild Kit' includes the 'Late service kit' plus an additional nitrile rubber shaft seal (with stainless spring), end cover and two drive shaft bearings, drive shaft and cam screw washer and retaining pin.
Anyone operating in the marine environment will know the importance of a keeping a spare impeller in the boat toolbox!
UK delivery is by 1st class Royal Mail. European and Worldwide delivery is available
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Everything is in the kit to refurbish the pump. All easy to fit but keep the old circlips (2) safe as these are not included. There are no instructions in the kit but stripping the pump is easy enough (shaft comes at backwards - pull off rear bearing once shaft is out, remove spacer, then small circlip behind front bearing and pull that off).
Kit seems to have high quality components. Very happy not to have to pay close on £400 for a replacement pump.