Excellent quality impeller kits and pump service kits for the original engine driven raw water pump for Volvo Penta MD2040 engine. Our impellers are manufactured from the correct grade of high quality neoprene rubber and are molded on to a machined brass coupling with a stainless steel drive pin.
Please note that there were two different raw water pumps used on these engines, with the MD2040 and early MD2040B versions having a 'Jabsco' pump fitted, and the later MD2040B, MD2040C and MD2040D versions having a 'Johnson' pump. An easy check of which type of pump you have is to look at the design of the pump end cover; the earlier Jabsco pumps have a round cover, whilst the later Johnson pumps have a non symmetrical cover and a flat on one side. See the photos above which show the differing gasket designs.
- The 'early impeller kit' includes the impeller, a tube of glycerine lubricant, an end-plate gasket and full fitting instructions.
- The 'early Service Kit' includes the above parts, along with six brass end plate screws and a nitrile rubber shaft seal (with stainless spring) which locates in the pump body behind the impeller. A leaking pump is usually due to failure of this seal.
- The 'early rebuild kit' includes all the parts in 'Early Service Kit' and in addition two drive shaft bearings and a drive shaft oil seal with (with stainless spring)
- Our 'late impeller kit' fits all Volvo Penta MD2040 engines with 12 mm diameter shaft. It includes the impeller, a tube of glycerine lubricant, an end-plate gasket and full fitting instructions.
- The 'late service Kit' includes the Late impeller kit, along with an O-ring, screws and nitrile rubber shaft seal (with stainless spring) which locates in the pump body behind the impeller. A leaking pump is usually due to failure of this seal.
- The Raw water pump 'late rebuild Kit' includes the 'Late service kit' plus an additional nitrile rubber shaft seal (with stainless spring), end cover and two drive shaft bearings.
Anyone operating in the marine environment will know the importance of a keeping a spare impeller in the boat toolbox!
UK delivery is by 1st class Royal Mail. European and Worldwide delivery is available
6 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
rebuilding this pump is simple, open, remove impeller, pull out old shaft seal from behind the impeller (I used two screws to extract), lube-up and press in the new seal, reassemble. Took 15 minutes on the engine.
The extra info about model of pump is very usefull on the parts4engines website. Great quality parts, cheap and the job of replacing the seals and bearings is easier than I thought but you will need circlip pliers and a puller to get the drive gear off the back of the pump shaft. The front plate screws are SS, originals are brass
This is a complete kit with all parts necessary for a complete raw water pump rebuild. Great quality and cost effective product.
excellent rapport qualité prix