The 500FG is a quality aftermarket bulkhead mounted pre-filter. It features a turbine filtration system and is similar to the Racor 500FG. It is designed to filter various contaminants such as water, dirt, rust, and algae and imporantly the top mounted filter element can be changed with minimum fuel spillage.
Turbine filters are ideal for marine environments and work via a three stage filtration process
- One - Separation: Fuel enters the filter assembly; it moves through the turbine centrifuge and spins off large solids and water droplets which fall to the bottom of the collection bowl.
- Two - Coalescing: Small water droplets bead-up along the sides of the chamber and on the element, once heavy enough these too fall into the bottom of the collection bowl.
- Three - Filtration: Contaminates are then filtered via the 10 micron filter.
- x1 Assembly with fuel filter element. Replacements are readily available worldwide.
- x2 90 degree adjustable position hose tails.
- x2 Connector sealing washers
- x2 Spare sealing washers
- x4 Replacement housing set screws
- Hose tails are designed for 10mm I.D. fuel hose
- Assembly height 300mm
- Assembly width 145mm
- Assembly depth 115mm
- Clear bowl
- Includes bowl drain tap
- Auxiliary drain plug fitting for remote draining
- Fuel 'in' pipe connection located on the right-hand side of the assembly
- Fuel 'out' pipe connection located left-hand side
- Easy change fuel filter element.
This quality aftermarket assembly offers considerable saving when compared to the cost of a genuine Racor filter.
UK delivery is by courier. European and worldwide delivery is available.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Excellent price for this product
Repeat customer. Purchased this along with a number of other parts for a complete engine rebuild. I have been wanting to upgrade to this filter system and when I found it on P4E at less that 1/2 the cost of my local chandelier, I added to the order. Ordered products on a Monday, they were picked and shipped on Tuesday and I received in Canada on Thursday morning. Very impressed with the speed of service, the prices, and quality of components.