The 500FG is a quality aftermarket bulkhead mounted pre-filter. It features a turbine filtration system and is similar to the Racor 500FG. It is designed to filter various contaminants such as water, dirt, rust, and algae
Turbine filters are ideal for marine environments and work via a three stage filtration process; Separation, Coalescing and Filtration. See below.
- One - Separation: Fuel enters the filter assembly; it moves through the turbine centrifuge and spins off large solids and water droplets which fall to the bottom of the collection bowl.
- Two - Coalescing: Small water droplets bead-up along the sides of the chamber and on the element, once heavy enough these too fall into the bottom of the collection bowl.
- Three - Filtration: Contaminates are then filtered via the 10 micron filter.
- x1 Assembly with fuel filter
- x2 Straight connectors or optional 90 degree connectors
- x2 Connector sealing washers
- x2 Spare sealing washers
- x4 Replacement housing bolts
- Diameter of pipe connectors 10mm to 12mm,
- Assembly height 30cm
- Assembly width 14.5mm
- Assembly depth 12 cm
- Clear bowl
- Includes bowl drain tap
- Optional auxiliary drain plug fitting for remote draining
- Fuel 'in' pipe connection located on the right-hand side
- Fuel 'out' pipe connection located left-hand side
- Easy change fuel filter.
This quality aftermarket assembly offers considerable saving when compared to the cost of a genuine Racor filter.
UK delivery is by courier. European and worldwide delivery is available.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Repeat customer. Purchased this along with a number of other parts for a complete engine rebuild. I have been wanting to upgrade to this filter system and when I found it on P4E at less that 1/2 the cost of my local chandelier, I added to the order. Ordered products on a Monday, they were picked and shipped on Tuesday and I received in Canada on Thursday morning. Very impressed with the speed of service, the prices, and quality of components.