UK / EU Brexit
From the 1st of January 2021, the United Kingdom is no longer a member of the European Union Single Market or the Customs Union. Consequently, trade between the UK and EU is now subject to new agreements.
So what are the consequences?
1. Parts4engines Ltd are no longer required to charge 20% VAT on sales to any EU country. Prices shown on our website are VAT exclusive. Orders to EU countries will still incur the destination country's VAT but this is now collected directly from you electronically by the delivery courier before the package is released to you.
2. Although the new agreement allows for zero tariff trade between the UK and EU, delivery couriers have increased shipping costs to cope with the additional bureaucracy. In addition they will levy a disbursement fee. See table below.
3. (Low value orders) We offer a DDP (Delivered Duty Paid) courier service from FedEx which allows customers in most EU countries to prepay the import VAT on orders below £125.00 GBP and where this service is used no disbursement fees are charged. When selecting a courier remember although the cost from FedEx may be higher it will include pre-paid duties so there is nothing more to pay. Unfortunately FedEx cannot offer this service to Greece or Portugal.
4. The new trade agreements reduce cross-border mobility and this may result in slightly longer shipping times.
5. Sales to the UK including Northern Ireland still incur 20% VAT and this will be applied during the order process.
6. Please note, import duties/taxes to Greece and Portugal can be expensive, we suggest you check costs with the relevant authorities before ordering.
7. The table below indicates typical courier EU service and disbursement fees, taxes will vary according to the destination country.
8. We recommend you make yourself aware of the tax and duty before placing an order.