Aftermarket Rear crankshaft upgrade kit, the 'Achilles heel' of Perkins 4.107 design is the crankshaft rear rope seal which is notorious for leaking oil prematurely and especially in marine installations where the engine is tilted backwards.
We have developed an upgraded seal, which is manufactured from an advanced braided PTFE material, specifically designed for high temperature rotary sealing. This is offers considerable long term improvements on the original rope seal.
Our upgrade kit includes everything you will need to stop that oil leak.
- A pair of graphite impregnated PTFE braided seals
- Flywheel bolt locking tab
- A craft knife to accurately cut the seals.
- A quality rear seal housing gasket.
- A tube of gasket sealant.
- Our own data sheet on how to fit the rope seal.